Brewing Methods: Everything but Espresso
Duration: 3 hours
Prerequisite: No prior experience required
Brewing coffee in general is a fairly straightforward task. However, confusion sets in, due to readily available Youtube videos and DIY blogs. Learn from an executive barista and gain an understanding in-person at the Academy by calibrating your taste buds with the group, learning about the attitude and skill-set that is necessary in making consistently great tasting coffee all in the frame-work of hand-brewed coffee methods.
- How to make coffee taste better;
- by grinder
- by temperature
- by weight
- by time
- Fundamental dry/wet ratios
- Brewing for the consumer and the bottom line
- Tasting coffee, empowering the barista and up-selling
- Are you brewing correctly?
- How to share your coffee brewing knowledge with consumers
- Trends in hand-brewing
Brewing methods taught, tasted and analyzed:
- French press,
- Pour over,
- Aeropress and
- Batch brewing
Class includes printed take-away material.
Class attendees receive a certificate of completion from the Canadian Barista and Coffee Academy.